Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Before I go

A quick entry before I go for camp and then staff retreat (now where am I going to find time to finish writing I wonder). Well anyway, saw this hilarious music video from Neil Gaiman's blog. It's a piece from Mitch Benn; who, I gather from the music video, writes parodies (just like Weird Al). Interesting.
Link to the site Everything Sounds Like Coldplay Now



Mirrormask is coming to Singapore! Finally. 7th December. Got to catch it before I leave for Thailand. Wonder if only Neil Gaiman Fans are excited. Tried telling my students about Mirrormask. A typical thread runs like this -
CP:"Oh you must watch Mirrormask!"
S:"What's that"
CP:"Erm it's a movie done by Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean, both brilliant writers and artists. Neil Gaiman wrote the famous Sandman series"
S:"What's Sandman?"
CP:"Ok nevermind that, erm you watched JIm Henson's productions, "Willow" long time back? Its the same genre"
S:"What's Willow?"
CP:"Trust me, just go watch the movie"
.........
Generation gap man, generation gap. Anyway, I'll be going to catch the movie. One of the highlights of the year.

Ok got to go for camp now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sivasothi said...

What's Mirrormask? What's sandman?

1:10 PM  
Blogger A said...

haha.

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home