Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Peer reviewed open access - Public Library of Science


The doors of knowledge should not be open to the select few who know the jargon and lingo or those who can afford to hefty subscription rates. Good scientific knowledge should be shared and made available for all. In this way more people will benefit and progress will be faster.

Which was why I was so excited when I came across PLoS Biology. The collection there is pretty extensive and good. Shall share this with my students. At least now I have somewhere nice to go to once my tertiary library membership is terminated.

1 Comments:

Blogger Monkey said...

yep used PLoS during one of my biogeography papers
very useful
Google Scholar was and is useful in finding more journal access sites.

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home