Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Shrinking distances


Found an old friend online today. We have not been in touch for sometime. Turns out that she had just returned from a trip with her family to the States. We are comparing our jobs and family (hers and lack of mine actually) when she remarked, "My boy can walk now."

"Oh is it? Cool!" Images of the little toddler ambling across ran past my mind.

"Yah, wait I show you". She switches the webcam on. Soon after, indeed, this cute little thing waddled across the screen.

"Wow! Cute!" haha that is all I could respond via msn.

The baby was lifted up, so now I saw this cute face staring intently at the laptop screen. Instincts took over (I think I have a knack for spoiling kids). I quickly sent over all the emoticons I have that can move. That caught his attention. So this wordless exchange went on for a while, me sending emoticons over and the baby looking intrigued.

Weird, I am playing with a baby 40km away via Msn. Ha wonders of technology.

Anyway this lasted for a while until he found that grabbing the webcam, typing his entries on the keyboard is far more interesting. But heh. Novel experience.

1 Comments:

Blogger A said...

HAHA!! Can just imagine the wide-eyed wonder of the baby blinking baffledly at the emoticons.. -_-" what a knack to have..! ^_^

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home