Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Rana hosii

Rana hosii
This is one of my favorite photos. And it was the first photo that was posted online (thanks to otterman in Habitatnews). Taken when I had my first camera, going back to tioman for the fourth time, releasing the frog after a sampling trip. It perched itself comfortably on the rock after I let it go, probably savoring the taste of freedom and getting orientated to the surroundings, and at that moment, everything fell in place to form the perfect picture. The nice soft light of the evening, the nice pose of the frog, and a good dry rock for me to rest my camera on. So braving the cold water, I waded into the stream and fired off a series of shots, and caught the frame just when the frog decided to hop away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home