Sunday, December 04, 2005

Nice run

Went for the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 10km run. On my own, I would never have participated but hey, there are friends running as well, so why not.

At the starting line, all I can see was this long long line of runners waiting for the flag off. There were so many of them that we took 3 minutes to arrive at the starting line after the flag off! Once there is sufficient space, I started the run at the tentative pace, not knowing how long I can last and also trying to see which colleague I can run comfortably with. It was really nice to have the entire road to yourself and running towards the rising sun. After a while, found a colleague with a similar pace and we established a comfortable cadence. It was really an experience to see so many runners running with you, to hear the steady plodding of the running shoes on the road and to see this immense wave of people stretching far ahead of you. Completed the run around an hour plus, not bad considering that I did not really train for it. Well now off to rest my weary legs.

1 Comments:

Blogger the dinosaur said...

Darn, would have been interesting to go down to see you people running. Haha! Well done!

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home